Sunday, February 2, 2014

Believe


AM Session:

Medium Grip Football Bar Bench: 9x3 @ 45% of 1RM + Band Tension

Back Squat: 3x8 @ 205lbs. *These felt ok, had to warm the ankle up a lot. 

Front Squat: 3x5 @ 195lbs. *These felt so heavy compared to the back squats.  I feel my front squat has gone down.  Also noticed it was hard to stay in my left heel (sprained ankle), this makes it more difficult to stand the weight up.  


PM Session:

20 minute EMOTM: Odd, 2 R. MU w/ #15 WV, Even, 4 Strict Handstand Push-ups w/ #15 WV *Glad I switched this and worked with the weight vest.  I find it a little bit of a struggle to do the ring muscle-ups with a weight vest.  Not sure if my pull is weak or it's a different "pull." HSPU felt some what easy. 

C2: 5K TT *Since I've started CrossFit I've had a mental block with anything "5," 5 rounds, 5K...I haven't done a 5K row in a long time.  I wasn't really nervous to row this because rowing a half marathon at the games I think got me over a 5K row.  I like to count down reps or meters, for whatever reason it tricks my mind.  I had a hard drive driving through my left leg, about 3,000m in I finally felt warmed up.  I found that if I didn't come in as far on the catch, I could drive harder and it wasn't as painful in my ankle.  The last 2K I closed my eyes, this is when I row best.  Listening to the sound of the rower, focusing on when to breathe and making sure I'm not holding my breathe.  I open my eyes every few seconds to make sure I'm on pace, I'm always faster when I close my eyes.  I've been told this isn't a good thing by a few different coaches, but it works really well for me.  I didn't PR my 5K, but I didn't expect to either being sick and injured.  I'm really happy with my mental performance and that means more to me than PRing my time.  

Pendlay Row: 3 x 10 #103


Daily Thoughts:

After a few rough weeks, I'm very happy with the direction my training is going.  I know and believe in the team I have behind me.  I'm made some big changes, but I believe they're for the better.  I've said this before and I'll say it again, you have to believe in the team that's helping you.  If you don't, you need to change something.  Communication is the key to success, if something isn't working...you need to say something.  I am so excited to get back to being 100% healthy and being able to really see my progress.  I know the next few months are going to be really hard, not only physically, but mentally.  Can't wait!  


No comments:

Post a Comment