Thursday, March 6, 2014

We all start somewhere.

First time doing Ring Muscle-ups in a WOD

Banded Ring Dips
Heavy #83 Clean
First WOD with unassisted pull-ups
Back when #205 was my 5 Rep Max
Post WOD

Somedays we get so caught up in the moment, we forget how far we've come.  We all start somewhere.  I started on a pull-up band, knee push-ups, working with a #15 bar and mid WOD feeling like I was going to pass out.  I'm now off the band, on my feet and working with all weights for bars.  The mid WOD feeling like I'm going to pass out still hasn't gone away.  I don't think it ever will, because the more fit you get, the harder you still want to push.  Therefore, the feeling is the same.  It's important to remember that everyday if you improve a little bit on just one thing, that one thing...over a year adds up.  It could add up to unassisted pull-ups or full plank push-ups.  Remember to never give up and always believe in yourself! 


Part of my programming was Snatch 5 X 1 @153, you were suppose to take 90-120 sec. rest between lifts.  I was short on time, was coaching soon and wanted to see how quickly I could move the weight.  Continuing to try to get comfortable with being uncomfortable.  One WOD at a time, one day at a time.  I want to be better than I was yesterday. 







2 comments:

  1. Been following you for a short while now but it didn't take long to acknowledge the fact that you're a tremendous athlete! ! I'll be rooting for you at regionals and the games. Best of luck and keep up the hard work! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see your improvement Dani, you are leaving no stone unturned working with Athlete Cell, ETP etc and deserve your success! Can you write a post about your Games experience?

    ReplyDelete